LTE - Wi-Fi Interworking
Monetize emerging LTE opportunities
TOLL FREE: 1800-300-03080
4G LTE is gaining popularity, and telecom operators worldwide are investing in upgrading their networks. This segment of the industry is still nascent - LTE penetration (network and devices) are low, and there is limited bandwidth and coverage.
For telecom operators, the challenge is in finding avenues to address this nascent opportunity.
Currently, monetising LTE is best used in conjunction with WiFi as a data service. Models include:
- Last mile: WIFI, Backhaul: After heavy investment in deploying LTE network infrastructure, operators are keen on increasing their LTE subscriber base and reach. Using the backhaul LTE network and providing last mile data services through WiFi helps the operator in reaching:
- Walk-in Subscribers using services of a different operator
- Subscribers not possessing LTE compatible devices can exploit WiFi services using their smart phones
- LTE to Wi-Fi Offload: Using WiFi and cellular technologies such as LTE can help operators to judicially use optimal channels for data cost optimization An example, would be offloading large downloads from LTE to WiFi.
Elitecore’s LTE WiFi Internetworking solutions help telecom operators address the LTE opportunity.
- 3GPP Compliant Carrier Grade AAA with programmable, single convergence, multiple subscriber database and on site customization
- Web Based Authentication portal for subscriber self service
- Elite Connect mobile app, for Android and iOS. It provides secure subscriber authentication to WiFi network, real-time plans usage and subscriptions and push notifications for WiFi availability.
- Location based promotions and support for partnerships with various promoters/advertisers
- The solution supports Wx, 3GPP compliant SWa, SWm, S2b and S6b interfaces for carrier grade network performance
- The platform allows the operator to provide the same set of services which are already available in existing LTE network
- Operator can use Wi-Fi as alternate technology to LTE where LTE radio coverage is weak
- Operators can allow its subscribers to use free WiFi when they opt for bundled LTE plans
- LTE-WIFI Monetization allows operator to grow their network into rural / distant area and save on OPEX cost
- It assures that applications are not affected when the user device moves between different WiFi networks as the same IP address is preserved.